Visit to pop up Sony Museum in Sydney

I wanted to write something about a recent visit to a pop up Sony Museum. This pop up Museum had key products that Sony had released over the years. You can see some of my photos below.



Above is a photo of a digital camera that used a floppy disk for storage. Let’s put this into perspective - the standard storage capacity of a floppy disk was 1.4MB and the image quality of the photos taken by the camera were 0.3 MP.

I have to say the TV above was my favourite item on display.

I think it was great seeing how technology has changed over time. There is an element of nostalgia when seeing a retrospective exhibition. It transports you a time and allows memories to flow back to life. I have met a lot of people with great stories. I think storytelling is something that engages and brings something to life. A story can bring an abstract object to life and spark conversations between people.

The iconic Walkman

I left the best till last! The Sony PlayStation Virtual Reality Headset. It was my first experience with virtual reality. It was so much fun that I couldn’t stop smiling and it absolutely made my day. I was transported into an underwater world.



Comments